Welcome to our spotlight article on Willy Woo!
Willy Woo is one of our trusted Twitter sources on Crypto24, and we will tell you why. Let’s share the top 14 things to know about this leading crypto influencer.
Who Is Willy Woo?
- Willy Woo is a cryptocurrency on-chain analyst, who aims to help investors comprehend the crypto markets.
- Born in Hong Kong, Willy Woo moved to New Zealand when he was very young. Currently, he describes himself as a “digital nomad”, and likes to travel the world often.
- Previously, Willy Woo was a regular contributor to major crypto industry publications. He has been featured on the likes of CoinDesk and Forbes.
- As an early adopter, his analysis focuses on Bitcoin price predictions and on-chain data that studies the Bitcoin network.
- Woo is a proponent of on-chain analysis and has developed several tools and metrics to analyze cryptocurrency markets.
- Notably, he is the creator of the “NVT Ratio,” a metric used to analyze the fundamental value of Bitcoin. The Network Value to Transactions Ratio is calculated by dividing Bitcoin’s market cap by daily volume. This is considered to be Woo’s first analysis, released in early 2017.
- In mid-2021, he explained the Supply Shock metric. This was calculated by the unavailable Bitcoin supply divided by the available supply. In turn, this metric showed that buying or selling intentions can be quantified and provide reliable future price predictions.
- In light of the FTX collapse, he felt that the crypto space had not been set back (as many thought), and instead, the market had been de-risked. This was not a commonly-held belief, but it is certainly an interesting perspective.
- He believes that Bitcoin will have over a billion users by 2025, based on its current adoption rate.
- Woo has been a seed-level equity investor in a few notable crypto companies, including Exodus Wallet, Radix DLT, and LVL.
- Woo held the position of head of research for Chainlink Capital Management’s Ama Fund in 2021-2022, and later as a general partner at S2F Capital.
- At the time of writing, he has over one million Twitter followers and frequently shares his work there.
- He offers a paid newsletter on Substack with all the latest developments in the crypto space, together with his own analysis.
- Overall, Willy Woo has brought much attention to the value of on-chain metric analysis for Bitcoin. Throughout the previous bull and bear markets, he has been a reliable source of valuable analysis.
Selecting Willy Woo as one of our trusted sources on Crypto 24 was an easy choice. He is one of the most respected figures in the industry, and he has proven his analytical ability consistently since becoming part of the crypto space. Be sure to follow him on Twitter!