Welcome to our spotlight on Vitalik Buterin, the founder of Ethereum. Vitalik is one of the most famous figures of the crypto industry, and is synonymous with one of the biggest cryptocurrencies on the market. His innovations for the smart contract world are unparalleled, and he was an obvious choice for Crypto24’s sources.
Let’s get to know him a little better!
11 Things To Know About Vitalik Buterin
- Vitalik Buterin is a programmer and writer of Russian-Canadian origin. He most famously co-founded Ethereum, the world’s first smart contract platform and the second-largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization.
- Originally from Kolomna, Russia, Buterin emigrated with his family to Canada at the tender age of six.
- A teenage Buterin was already taken by cryptocurrency and blockchain technology, penning his thoughts on these subjects on his blog, Bitcoin Magazine, which he co-created in 2011.
- It was in 2013 that Buterin envisioned Ethereum, which today enjoys widespread acceptance and usage as one of the most esteemed cryptocurrencies.
- A math and computer science enthusiast, he has won numerous accolades and awards for his contributions to the cryptocurrency domain.
- Buterin is a staunch advocate of philanthropic causes, having donated over a billion dollars worth of cryptocurrency to diverse charities. Most recently, he donated a billion dollars of SHIB for India’s COVID relief efforts.
- An active interest in game theory has resulted in Buterin publishing several papers examining the potential linkages between this subject and blockchain technology. Buterin’s anti-centralization stance has translated into his backing of decentralized systems, transparent and free of any central authority. Such views have earned him media recognition, being featured in noteworthy publications such as Forbes and Time magazine. Fortune has even listed him amongst their “40 under 40” high achievers.
- Buterin has participated as a speaker in significant cryptocurrency conferences like Consensus and Devcon. An ardent proponent of open-source software, Buterin has lent his hand to many such projects during his career. The man is a polyglot, fluent in a host of languages like Russian, English, and Chinese. The introspective thinker is known for his reticence, and possessing a deep and analytical mind.
- Buterin is known for his individualistic outlook and unconventional perspective, propelling him to the forefront of the cryptocurrency industry.
- Despite being a massive success story and a renowned figure in the field, Buterin stays grounded and committed to furthering the development of Ethereum and the cryptocurrency industry at large.
- He frequently uses Twitter to share his opinions of the crypto industry’s developments, with nearly 5 million followers
Vitalik is a true trailblazer in the world of cryptocurrencies and blockchain. His Twitter account is definitely worth following if you have any interest in crypto, and Crypto24 is proud to have him on our list of reliable sources.